Thursday, August 02, 2012

Another year is passing, in 4 days I will turn 54. That seems like it is getting up there to me. I have really accomplished many things in my life thus far but I am clearly at a crossroad - this is not a midlife crisis, this is a crossroad. There are so many things that I want to do and yet it seems I am frozen from doing anything. So for my 54th birthday I am going to give myself a present - this present is also for my family. There are so many things that I want to do but I have to get serious about a few things first. Health, Spiritual, and Profession. I am not unhealthy or sick, but I am not doing healthy things - I need to get a healthier body and mind. So that is going to be a category for next year. My faith has been on and off but I know it is important, I am going to get it on. Finally, I have had far more success in my career that I really imagined, I have truly been blessed, but it has come at a cost - family, health, spirituality - this year I am going to make sure I get on a course that allows me to focus on the important things - I want to love my work without giving up the rest of it. 

Big Birthdays are great for forcing one to think about your life, this year I am going to think about my life - how I can be a better person and how I can be a happier person. The next post will map out specific goals - they will be tough but they are essential. 


No comments: